Bountiful Law's attorneys are quite experienced in all areas of business law for Hollywood, King County and Washington businesses. Our professional services start off with thinking about the many different types of organization featuring sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLCs, Corporations and other less prominent types.
We can furnish all of the legal formation documents and likewise assist with business tax issues.
Please contact our office for a free 30 minute initial business legal consultation with one of our attorneys. We love startups and small businesses.
Business Attorneys Near Hollywood, Washington 98072
Formation, Filing & Start-up Legal Services For Hollywood Businesses
Starting a business in Hollywood, WA is an amazing time. You have a desire that became a strategy. Now it is time to place your strategy right into action by choosing an organization framework along with a knowledgeable attorney to create an organization entity. Selecting a framework has a long-lasting influence on company tax obligations, documents demands, and also individual obligation.
Hollywood Business Structures
- Limited Liability Company (LLC): An LLC is a popular choice among new Hollywood business owners. It has fewer maintenance requirements than a corporation. It is also a separate legal entity from the owner, meaning you are not personally responsible for the conduct and debts of the company.
Additionally, for single-member - or one owner LLCs - the IRS does not require the business itself to pay taxes because they consider it a disregarded entity. However, if you are the sole owner of an LLC, you must report business profits or losses on your individual income tax return.
Like an LLC, a corporation is an independent legal entity from the proprietor(s). You are not directly responsible for the liabilities and also financial obligations of business. There are two sorts of companies: S-Corporations (S-Corp) and also C-Corporations (C-Corp). Both alternatives require rules such as short articles of unification, business laws, and also supervisor and also shareholder conferences.
The main differences between the two corporations are taxes and ownership. Note that your business will be taxed as C-Corp unless you elect to be taxed as an S-Corp.
- Taxes: C-Corp profits are taxed twice, a tax principal known as ‘double taxation.’ Taxes are paid once by the business entity and once by the shareholders.
For instance, if your Hollywood company makes $100,000, business pays tax obligations on that particular profit. The staying funds are distributed to you and also other shareholders. You then pay individual federal and/or state earnings tax obligation on your dividend.
- Ownership: C-Corps have no shareholder limit.
- Taxes: S-Corps have pass-through taxation. Pass-through taxation means that the Edmonds' business entity does not pay corporate taxes. Instead, the owners pay taxes on the profits or losses of the company on their tax forms.
- Ownership: S-Corps are limited to no more than 100 shareholders.
Business Structures Our Attorneys Advise Against For Hollywood Companies
- General Partnerships: General partnerships are not a good idea because you are personally liable for all business debt, whether incurred by you or your partner. Personal liability opens the floodgates for all sorts of issues that are avoidable with other business structures.
Get Started Today
Business structures effect your company's tax obligations, upkeep demands, and also individual obligation. Business attorneys at Bountiful Law near Hollywood help you select the most useful framework for your long-lasting goals. Call today to set up a legal assessment at 425-775-9700.
On-Going Legal Services For Hollywood Businesses
A Hollywood business only starts with the formation. To keep an Hollywood, WA business running, you must comply with Washington State (And/Or other states) maintenance laws. Businesses that do not stay up-to-date with required meetings and documents are vulnerable to tax liability and loss of limited liability.
Should your Hollywood business lose its limited liability, those seeking legal action against it can pursue your personal assets. At Bountiful Law nearby Hollywood, our business attorneys and lawyers provide the necessary maintenance services to keep your business compliant and property safe.
Business Maintenance Services For Edmonds
- Registered Agent: As your registered agent, our lawyers accept documents on behalf of your business, including annual reports, service of process, and other notices.
- Conducting Annual Meetings: Corporations must hold an annual shareholder meeting once a year where they address the following topics;
- Election of directors when necessary
- The status of the corporation
- Upcoming plans or projects
- The annual report
- Voting on essential issues
- Drafting Documents: Every Edmonds' business needs documents that address internal operations. Two primary documents are corporate bylaws for S-Corps and C-Corps, and operating agreements for LLCs.
All documents must be tailor-made to address the unique purposes and functions of your Hollywood business. Therefore, "one size fits all" documents are not sufficient for continuity of practice and legal protection. Papers must be drafted with precision to ensure everyone - both inside and outside the company - understands the rules and expectations. Note the requirement differences between the two documents;
- Corporate Bylaws
- Information regarding;
- Identity, including whether it is a private or public entity
- Statement of Purpose
- Board of Directors
- Shareholders’ Meeting
- Conflict of Interest
- The procedure for bylaw amendments
- Information regarding;
- Corporate Bylaws
- Operating Agreement
- The percentage of member's ownership
- Voting rights and responsibilities
- Powers and duties of members and managers
- Distribution of profits and losses
- Convene meetings
- Buyout or buy-sell guidelines which decide the protocol for if a member passes away, becomes disabled, or wants to transfer their interest
- Operating Agreement
- Filing Mandatory Documents with the Secretary of State: You must submit the correct documents with the Secretary of State to remain compliant with the law. Filing late may incur fees while failing to file can lead to the dissolution, or termination, of your business as a legal entity. Annual reports are one example of such documents.
Maintain Your Hollywood Business From The Start With The Right Attorney
The business attorneys at Bountiful Law focus on the legal requirements of your business so you can focus on building your business. Call today to schedule a consultation nearby Hollywood, WA at 425-775-9700.